At times when you’re watching this, you have a feeling why you still watch it. It’s funny and not because of the plot either. I agree that there are good things coming out of it, but somehow it’s just too random on some level. Or it’s just me. People tend to associate this one with Ten Brothers and I think Ten Brother‘s plot is slightly better in a sense with an actual plot. And interestingly it’s about the same cast.
- Sunny Chan and Louisa So as Tin Tai Kwai and Chung Pik Yuk. After watching Phoenix Rising, it was a bit funny to see this two together as a couple because of the other plot and their roles in there. However, I thought their chemistry is not bad at all.
- Liu Kai Chi and Sunny Chan as brothers. It’s not much to say since Liu Kai Chi’s character as the brother is really selfish, etc. But I like the bonding between the two with Liu Kai Chi as Fan Tung more (of course).
- Ellesmere Choi and Yvonne Ho. NOOOO. I do not like the context of the story. But I thought it was funny seeing them together again after Last One Standing. I thought her portrayal is better in here since the pressure of being Kevin’s sister in the other one was probably too much, causing nervousness, etc.
- Nancy Wu as Fok Sze Sze. I don’t know but I found it extremely strange that she looks so nice in those demon/ fairy characters than the usual roles. Or maybe those characters are more interesting.
- Chun Wong as Chung Yuen Si. Every time the others call him ‘Mom’, I end up laughing. It’s just too funny. Must have ran out of older cast? Or was it for the emphasis of the comedy? But still admit he’s cool to take on this type of role, trying it out for the sake of the story.
- The ending. I rarely like these types of endings but for the sake of the comedy it was funny. I meant like Fan Tung thought he would finally reunited with his ‘fairy’ but then who knew that Sunny’s character, Tai Kwai, is also one of the gods?
- The ridiculous humor. Seriously, I know they were trying to be funny, but I could not laugh at the jokes in here sometimes. More like laughing at them for being pathetic.
- The outcome of Mimi’s character, Seung Kun Yun Yee. It was so rushed and all that I don’t know if she liked the other guy or not. They got along fine. But I felt a bit turn off that she chose beauty. I guess it might be more realistic with this ending since she has been suffering all her life with being called ‘ugly’ but somehow I feel that it was a bit unfair for the other dude. Although their relationship could develop into something deeper later. I guess it might be better than having her end up with Jack’s character, Chung Yiu Cho, since he’s WAY too unreasonable at times, blaming her for stuffs she didn’t do.
Would I recommed it? Um…if you want to watch something light and laugh about the nonsense in it, you might want to consider. (Of course there are serious moments but it’s still scattered all over the place.)
Posted (on Xanga): May 9, 2009
Re-posted: Wednesday, March 24th, 2010