Yes, you saw it right. Mabel Yuan Shan Shan is on the banner. While half of the population are out there hating on her–for whatever reasons, I’m one of those that actually like her. I will say that I haven’t even watched enough dramas OR anything to form an opinion or go after her on that front. But I quite like her off-screen presence thus far. Reading some articles and watching some shows, I think she has an awesome attitude toward life and is quite hardworking. Regardless of the troll backing her up with some drama projects I don’t care for, I still think she’s quite capable of working on her own–and that shouldn’t be held against her. Not to mention those repeated roles won’t help her grow at all. I like her recent works more, plus it would be a bonus if it steers clear of that particular troll. I also choose to focus on the goods.
So, in the future, there will be more banners of hardworking artists that I really admire. I started with Mabel because I always wanted to do some kind of layout using this set of pictures she shot awhile back. It’s just a coincident that I finally decided to do such a collection.
Possible future banners will include the following:
- Dou Hua Mei – Cai Huang Ru – Yes, she has been on the banner for several months now–whether it was regarding one drama or another. But I quite like her–both acting-wise and off-screen presence.
- Janine Chang – Just so graceful and awesome on many levels.
- Sweety – Joanne and Esther – I want to place them in together like once upon a time just for kicks, lol.
- Angela Chang – Yes, another hardworking person deserving the spot.
- Sophia Chou – Yes, I want to make up for all the times I didn’t update on her, lol.
- Penny Lin – Yes, I’m back with obsessing over Penny so why not?
- Cecilia Han Xue – Why not?
And so, so sorry to those who are already married or taken. Because I admire the ones working on their own and surviving the world without caving into the public’s pressure more. NOT that I want to discredit those who are married or taken for their hardworking attitude, but seriously, they have their significant other to weep over stuffs. (And I do congratulate those whom had found their true love already, but they have a support team.)
Will I include the guys in the future? Possible. Because I think I’ve been focusing on the guys too much on the blog so I want to restore the balance a bit, lol. And yes, I do feel guilty for running after the guys all the time with dramas and all.
Here are list of possible candidates:
- Nicholas Teo – Epic music always. Totally down to earth on many levels
- Ehlo Huang – Yes, I need to place him in.
- Zhao Jun Ya – I miss him! Yes, on the banner. So this will be a good excuse to put him back on there, lol.
- Wallace Chung – Yes, I like him ages back, before the whole craze with those adaptations of novels or whatever of recent years. So why not, right?
- Ken Chang – How could I forget him?
And also like the girls, I won’t put in the ones who are married or taken. So sorry, Vic Chou! But I wish I could make an exception.
I want to also add, the less scandals surrounding them, the better. So some I might like on another front but might not place in for that reason. NOT because I want to follow the illusion of wanting everyone to be perfect. I’m just so tired of some people’s rumors instead of seeing their works.
*EDIT*: I had to take some people out and shuffle around since I abandoned this project awhile back but might be returning to it in the future.