Unexpectedly good. Wasn’t going to watch it because of Linda Chung and my experience with her past dramas. However, I must say she did improve in this one. She did exaggerate when she was trying to do the comedic scenes, but in the serious scenes and normal scenes, she was just fine in it. She shouldn’t be given the improved awards until now. Whatever, that’s TVB.
Benny Chan was really good in here. I was like “Wow” when I was watching it. He was totally adorable as the usual over-hyped and somewhat nutsy village bully. But he was also quite convincing as the evil one when he was being possessed. A smart mouth he had. But still very straightforward although quite foul-mouthed with the way he worded things, lol. But really like his character as an overall point. I’m so glad also that he didn’t end up with the other girl or it would be so over-killed and beat the story’s purpose.
Sunny Chan’s character was very lovable and a very kind guy. Starting to like him more and more these days since his acting is way better than those days of Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain.
- Benny and Sunny as a hilarious and odd duo – friends or brothers or arch-enemies, it’s just too funny to see them bickering and somehow learn to become friends and others in between. Their comedic parts were way funnier than watching Linda attempting to be funny.
- Stephen Au and Nancy Wu as the tragic pair. I really like their collaboration here. Too bad it had to be that way but quite memorable.
- Sunny and Stephen as friends. Really great how Sunny’s character learned and grew through Stephen’s guide and persistence and encouragement. Very memorable as well.
- Sherming Yiu as the Princess. Very cute Sherming in here and really liked her character. Though I thought it was going to be tragic with her ending, I was glad things worked out.
- Charmaine Li as Benny’s sister. Really liked her performances recently. I honestly think that she improved much faster than expected since just one or two series later and she improved already. Strange. But really liked her as Benny’s sister in here. Their bro and sis relationship was both hilarious and touching at the same time.
Overall, this one was a really good ancient and fairy/ gods series. Haven’t been impressed with TVB’s ancient series much lately. But this one could pass for a really good one.
Posted (on Xanga): October 19, 2008
Re-posted: Wednesday, March 17th, 2010