Key: Bold = Chinese Dark Green = Pin Yin Light Red = English Sea Green = Vietnamese
喜歡對著天空發呆 xi huan dui zhe tian kong fa dai Like to stare at the sky in a daze Thích nhìn lên trời cao một cách ngơ ngẩn 想著你的笑容出現在雲端 xiang zhe ni de xiao rong chu xian zai yun duan Thinking of your smile appearing in clouds high above Nghĩ tới nụ cười của anh xuất hiện trên những án mây 你總是能讓我開懷 忍耐我的懷 ni zong shi neng rang wo kai huai ren nai wo de huai You’ve always given me my space, being patience with my ideologies Anh lúc nào cũng cho tôi một không gian tự do và nhẫn nại với những tư tưởng của tôi 只是這一切將 煙消雲散 zhi shi zhe yi qie jiang yan xiao yun san But all of this will vanish like smoke in thin air Nhưng tất cả những thứ đó sẽ biến mất như khói tan trong gió
也許遇見你是個錯 ye xu yu jian ni shi ge cuo Perhaps meeting you was a mistake Có lẽ quen anh là một sự sai lầm 錯在我們身處不同的時空 cuo zai wo men shen chu bu tong de shi kong A mistake because we were at difference points in our lives Sai lầm là vì chúng ta đang ở điểm khác nhau trong cuộc sống 二顆心交會的時候 一分鐘就足夠 liangke xin jiao hui de shi hou yi fen zhong jiu zu gou The moment of two hearts beating, a minute was enough Khoảnh khắc của hai trái tim cùng đập, chỉ một phút cũng đủ 夠我一輩子想念很久 gou wo yi bei zi xiang nian hen jiu Enough for me to think about for an entire lifetime Đủ cho tôi có thể tưởng nhớ cả đời
我會選擇離開 微笑告別傷害 wo hui xuan ze li kai wei xiao gao bie shang hai I should choose to leave, smiling and bidding farewell to pain Tôi nên chọn lựa ra đi, tươi cưởi để chào biệt đau khổ 我知道你 心中的那份遺憾 wo zhi dao ni xin zhong de na fen yi han I know that feeling of regret in your heart Tôi biết được sự hối tiếc trong trái tim của anh 當你為她帶上幸福的頭蓋 dang ni wei ta dai shang xing fu de tou gai When you placed happiness on your head because of her Khi anh đặt hạnh phúc lên đầu vì cô ta 我含淚祝福你 有美的未來 wo han lei zhu fu ni you mei de wei lai I hold back tears to give you my blessings for a beautiful future Tôi nén lại giột lệ để chúc phúc cho anh có một tương lai đẹp
想飛到千里外 期待一切重來 xiang fei dao qian li wai qi dai yi qie zhong lai Wanting to fly far away, hoping for a chance of starting over Muốn bay xa ngàn trùng và hy vọng có thể bắt đầu trở lại 想洗去你 對你的所有依賴 xiang xi qu ni dui ni de suo you yi lai Wanting to wash away all of your self dependence Muốn rửa sạch đi những sự ỷ lại vào mình của anh 但謝謝你讓我體會了真愛 dan xie xie ni rang wo ti hui le zhen ai However, thank you for allowing me a chance to experience true love Nhưng cám ơn anh đã cho tôi cơ hội để thể nghiệm được tình yêu chân thật 我永遠記得你 心中的遺憾 wo yong yuan ji de ni xin zhong de yi han I will always remember your heart’s regret Tôi vĩnh viễn sẽ nhớ sự ân hận trong tim anh
It’s about time I do the review for this though I have gotten the soundtrack via YesAsia awhile back. (YES, blame it on desktop failure so couldn’t scan stuff.) Must say that the collection is worth it. Well, if you didn’t collect some of the songs in here already. But let’s get started, eh?
1.Not Complete Without You (有你才完整) by Fu Qiong Yin (符瓊音). The main theme song. I don’t know, but man, to listen to it more carefully, it’s perfect for the drama itself. The lyrics are penned by Yang Pei An and the music written by Xiao Huang Qi. The perfect duo to do the deed, right? At least I thought so. Then combine in Fu Qiong Yin’s voice is just so suitable for the whole atmosphere of the song. At first, I was wondering if it was written by both Yang and Xiao, why didn’t they sing it? But after listening to the theme song a few more times, I got it. Good choice indeed. My favorite part where this song was being played in the drama was in episode 8 where Zhong Ze was searching for Xiao Yu in the woods and found her finally. He ran over and hugged her before she could say anything (except for his name). The song was really suitable for that moment because Zhong Ze finally let his bottled up feelings out, proving that he really cared for Xiao Yu–unlike what he said before about only having ‘revenge’ in his heart. I think, either way, this song works for both of them because, without either one, they wouldn’t feel complete.
2. Writing a Blissful Song Because of You (為你寫一首幸福的歌) by Chen Guo Hua (陳國華). A sweet, somewhat leaning on a mushy side song. Not bad actually. I didn’t really pay attention the first time around yet listening to it again brought some nice feel to it.
3. Want to Hear You Say (想聽你說) by Mi Er Si (米兒絲). This song, I remember, was played during the conversation between Xiao Yu and Ah Bao in episode 8 where she was calling to apologize to him for scolding him previously. Not sure if it was being played some other time (and I might have missed it), but that was one of the memorable scenes. It really suits the feelings Ah Bao has toward Xiao Yu. Kind of one-sided but still cute in a way.
4. The Heart’s Regret (心中的遺憾) by Yuki Hsu (徐懷鈺). Kind of sad is an understatement. This song always brings some kind of bittersweet feeling to me. I can’t tag it to a specific scene of the drama but it must have been played in the drama from time to time. With the complications throughout with Zhong Ze and Xiao Yu’s feelings for one another and other factors involved, the song already hinted so much. Quite suitable.
5. Living in Your Heart (住進你心窩) by Ai Cheng (艾成). I think this song was another song played at one time or another in Rookies’ Diary but I can’t remember a specific episode or moment, but could remember that it was used. Regarding this drama though, I think this is talking about Ah Bao? Like how he’s always wanting to live in Xiao Yu’s heart yet could only be her best friend. Yet he’s not bitter about it either–at least not at the beginning, but would always support her and encourage her on. Oh yeah, how could I forget the time when this song was playing was in episode 6 when Xiao Yu was yanking the pillow away from Ah Bao, causing him to fall off the bed. (LOL!) Told you it was for Ah Bao.
6. A Very Difficult Goodbye (再見太難) by Li De Hui (利得彙). Not really my favorite or has that much impact when I listen to it. But I must admit it’s another good choice to include for the drama’s soundtrack. While listening to this song, the scene where Xiang Xiang was urging Xiao Yu to go say a proper goodbye to Zhong Ze before he went away (to Japan) came to mind. It was in episode 5–and when I was going back to check, it was indeed playing in the background when Xiao Yu was chasing after Zhong Ze on her bike–and finally giving up.
7. How Could It Possibly Be Loneliness? (怎麼可能會寂寞) by Wu Ting Che (吳听徹). NOT sure if I got the translation correct but indeed a nice song. Kind of long-winded (lol), but I guess it drives the point in the end. I don’t remember it being played in the drama but it must have. It’s just that it’s not really my favorite.
8. I Love You (我愛你) by Xu Jin Hao (許晉豪). A song written and composed by Chen Guo Hua. I thought it would get lame since the title is just so simple yet it sure proved me wrong. I forgot when it was played in the drama yet I had a feeling it was suitable for Zhong Ze and Xiao Yu. So much has happened between them but I think the ending proved that the song rings true.
9. Qi Xu (祈許) by Liu Hong Ling (劉虹翎). I don’t know. Too much brain work with figuring out the title. I get it, just can’t put it so that it sounds good and doesn’t lose its meaning at the same time. But about the song, a touching song. I honestly don’t know which one is this song for. But it might be a toss between Zhong Ze and Xiao Yu?
10. Song of Happiness (快樂的歌) by Yang Pei An (楊培安). OMG! All of those sad songs and then this happy song. Living up to its title since it definitely brought forth positive feelings. It’s kind of funny to listen to Yang Pei An singing a song bordering on the popular side versus his usual inspirational ones.
11. 58 Degrees of Loneliness (58°寂寞) by Fu Qiong Yin (符瓊音). Another song that was used in Rookies’ Diary and then now used in here. It’s okay though. I seriously don’t mind. Too morbid. YES, that coming from me.
12. Crossroads (分岔路) by Chen Guo Hua (陳國華). This song is just sad. The time I remember it the most was in episode 7 when Ah Bao told Zhong Ze that Xiao Yu had agreed to go with him back to Taiwan. (It was near the end of the episode.) And this song is definitely for Ah Bao. Good call on using this song. Chen definitely brought out the feelings of this song. It was possibly due to the fact that it was written and composed by him. But must give him credit for it.
13. Admired by Thousands (萬人迷) by Ai Cheng (艾成). I don’t remember this song actually playing in the drama. At least not the words but more like the beginning of the song, like the upbeat music. But it was also used in Rookies’ Diary from time to time and especially in Episode 42. This song could also be found in one of Ai Cheng’s albums if you don’t want to get this soundtrack. What does this song have to do with this drama? Honestly, I always ponder. Yet maybe it could be referring to Kurt Chou’s character aka Ah Bao? LOL! Considering how he’s just so cool and all in here.
14. Moonlight (月光) by Yang Pei An (楊培安). The ending theme song. An inspirational song–and is also written and composed by Chen Guo Hua. Really suitable for the drama. It describes the people of General Street perfectly and how they’re always so full of hope to overcome all obstacles. This is more like Xiao Yu reaching out to Zhong Ze. Or vice versa, depending on the situation. Nice song as an ending theme. AND yes, this was another song that was used in Rookies’ Diary, but in season 2. I guess FTV was shooting two birds with one stone by releasing this soundtrack.
How come I didn’t number my favorites? I can’t figure out. But my favorites equally are #1, #12, #13, and #14. I couldn’t decide between the four of them since it gives a different feeling yet somehow couldn’t really say I like one or another more. Rare occasion but yeah. The second favorites would be #5 and #2. A very good deal for me, considering how it linked with the drama so perfectly and how I had liked the drama so it made it better.
*All images were scanned by DTLCT
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.