This was over a week ago but I got lazy and didn’t update. Anyway, it seemed like Ruby had a wonderful night with friends.
Aside from Melvin Sia and Tiffany Hsu from her The Way We Were gang, there was also Derek Chang and Greg Hsu from My Dear Boy. Regretfully, Jason Zou wasn’t there. But Ruby did call Alec Su out on it in her tags, lol. What was a good bonus for fans was Wallace’s appearance. But I don’t know why people are surprised, because they’re married. Wallace always make time for his loved ones.
*All images were from Ruby’s Facebook page
When I thought that 2016 was a terrible year for me, I was wrong. 2017 continued to tank to a new level of crappiness. There were many frustrating things–one after another. It was like when I asked, “How much worse could 2017 be?”, it was like a challenge to the universe. So stuff happening in real life obviously affected how much time I have for this blog or attempted to keep some sort of activity. I did better than last year regarding updates, but that was a lot of effort, because I’m still way behind on some news that I wanted to talk about. Yet no time or more like didn’t feel like it at the moment. I continued to get drained to another level that I thought might not be possible–like several days before. Then the pattern just repeat itself at different intervals. I think somewhere along the way, I ended up revamping my blog by getting rid of the too random posts. Like those general update ones. Although my blog already is random on many levels, but I didn’t want to just post for the sake of placeholders too much. Anyway, here are some stats for this year.
Total Posts in 2017: 155 (11.7% of all time).
January: 18 (% of the year)
February: 10 (%)
March: 21 (%)
April: 20 (%)
May: 11 (%)
June: 18 (%)
July: 6 (%)
August: 4 (%)
September: 20 (%)
October: 14 (%)
November: 9 (%)
December: 4 (%)
Books Reviews: Sad, because I actually read a bit this year but didn’t feel like doing reviews for some of them. Maybe I’ll go back to do them later.
Movies + TV Series Reviews/Episode Summaries:
- Female Butler
- The Classic of Mountains and Seas
- The Four Horsemen
- The Legend of Wonder Lady
- The Maverick
Fan Fiction: Complete failure–unlike what I promised last year about getting things done. I started looking over some of the fan fics again and managed to get going on some, but I can’t promise on how fast it would be rolled out. I’ll get it out when I’m happy with what I wrote.
Songs Translations: I used “You’re Always Beautiful” to start the year, thinking that if I continue to retain some sense of positiveness, somehow things will get better. But it didn’t. Anyway, how was this year regarding translations? I didn’t realize I was that productive. Mostly, I tried to push the majority of 183 Club’s songs out.
- Confined Bird by Phil Chang
- Conquer The Whole World by 183 Club
- Courageous Happiness by Sweety
- Deceive by 183 Club
- Don’t Ask by Zhang Han
- Don’t Want To Leave by Nicholas Teo
- Eraser in the Head by Ehlo Huang
- Exchanging Lives by Calvin Chen
- Forgotten Happiness by Eric Suen and Rachel Liang
- Heaven of Love by Cyndi Wang
- Hero by 183 Club
- Hero in the Wind by Zhang Han
- Lemon Dream by 183 Club
- Listen With Your Heart by Van Fan
- Love On Sale by 183 Club
- Love Won’t Change In This Lifetime by Kenny Lin
- Make A New Start by Ming Dao, Ehlo Huang, and Jacky Chu
- My Heart Is Like A Cloud by Jimmy Lin
- Not Every Love Song Has Fond Memories by Jimmy Lin
- Once Again by 183 Club
- One Thousand Paper Cranes by Samuel Tai
- Painted Heart by Nicole Wang
- Petty and Low by Eric Suen
- Pure Love by 183 Club
- Resenting Heaven For Changing His Heart by Sophia Fang
- Suffer For You by Jeff Chang
- The Next Page of Me by Cyndi Wang
- The Years Like Song by Xu He Bin
- This Kind of Feeling is Love by Joanne Tseng
- Turning Back Is Hard by Phil Chang
- Will Never Change My Love For You by Hu Ge
- You’re Always Beautiful by 183 Club
- Chut Ky Niem Buon by Manh Dinh
- Dung Nhac Den Tinh Yeu by Lam Nhat Tien
- Hay Quen Nhau by Manh Quynh
- Lang Le Mua Dong by Lam Hung
- Nhat Nghe Tinh by Van Son
- Sai Lam Van La Anh by Nhat Hao
- Vi Tri Nao Cho Anh by Ly Hai
I didn’t want to do this update like I said last year. However, I felt like I needed to persuade myself to continue on. Not to mention, I want to keep some sort of teeny, tiny bit of hope that 2018 will actually be better. So we’ll see, right?
I heard of the project that Ruby was filming that Alec directed last year. Yet didn’t really go out to search for it until now. Saw some pictures being released on Ruby’s page. So finally went on Weibo to look for it.
Anyway, this is an adaptation from Keigo Higashino’s novel of the same name. It is part of the Detective Galileo series. It has been translated into several languages as well as being adapted several times already.
The film will be released on April 1st in China and April 31st in North America. Other main cast included Wang Kai and Zhang Lu Yi.
*Images credit: Weibo
Oh joy, I’m bringing this back since it’s another year of madness. How did it go? Let’s check the number first, lol. Yes, before I start bragging and realized it wasn’t worth bragging over, lol. But before I actually go into the stats, I would like to thank The New World and iHero for making some of the impossibles happen. Because if it wasn’t for the dramas, I wouldn’t have updated so much or kept it so consistent for the better half of the year. Also, anyone wanting to check out the stat report from WordPress, click here.
Total Posts in 2015: 365 (35% of all time). Yes, I took a challenge of trying to keep up posts for 365 days SO had to brag here. It wasn’t easy and some posts were less impressing than others. However, I think it was already tough that I managed it all year long. For this year, will I be continuing on this pattern? I want to but I would say no. Since quality trumps quantity so I’ll still be updating, still be my random self at times, but I won’t force it as an everyday thing. If it happens, it happens. Now, moving on to the breakdown of different categories.
Times Updated on People on the Poll: 284 (78% of overall). I took out Ady and Hu Ge early on so I didn’t feel like I needed to include them in this section. Anyway, because I did the 365-day challenge, everyone benefited–one way or another. However, Achel had a surge, leaving Jun Ya behind with only 22 posts, because Wallace, Joanne, Bianca, and Jacky ended up having more posts than him for the year. That knocked him off top 5 for the year yet didn’t damage his overall record too much. Talking about that, he was the reason why I held off so long of not publishing this post since I needed to calculate some of the posts again. Yet I decided to gamble and take out some and possibly double back next year to correct it all. Oh yeah, I didn’t count general updates for some people, especially those with higher numbers already.
Wallace Huo: 26 (9% of the year)
Janine Chang: 16 (6%)
Vic Chou: 12 (4%)
Joanne Zeng: 25 (9%)
Nicholas Teo: 18 (6%)
Xiu Jie Kai: 12 (4%)
Angela Chang: 12 (4%)
Zhao Jun Ya: 22 (8%)
Yvonne Yao: 7 (2%)
Penny Lin: 16 (6%)
Achel Chang/ Zhang Xin Yu: 34 (12%)
Sophia Chou: 6 (2%)
Ruby Lin: 16 (6%)
Van Fan: 9 (3%)
Eric Suen: 5 (2%)
Bianca Bai: 25 (9%)
Jacky Chu: 23 (8%)
Movies + TV Series Reviews/Episode Summaries: I will say that I was both proud and also a bit ashamed, because I was cheating for several dramas by inserting placeholders. I was trying to motivate myself to watch faster and/or fill the spaces yet things got in the way and I fell behind once again.
- The New World: 1-15 END
- Ji Gong 1995
- The Deer and the Cauldron 2014
- iHero: 1-13 END
- Liao Zhai 2014
- Love Together: 5-13 END
- Legend of Star Apple: 6-25 END
- Dong Jiang Heroes
- Love in Penghu: 1-18
- The Lost Tomb
- The Four 2013
- Filthy Rich
- Liao Zhai 3
- Officer Geomancer
- Legend of the Ancient Sword
- Absolute Boyfriend
- Ruse of Engagement
- Mystic Detective Files
- Sunshine Cops
- Neurotic: Tainted Word: Chapters 3-15 + Epilogue FINISHED
- Payback: Chapter 3
- The Business: Chapters 5-7
Songs Translations: I think that it was too obvious that it was a Phil Chang year for me. Yes, I love that guy. Okay, mostly his songs, lol. But he is funny. Getting back to this, totally outdone myself on some levels. Overall, I translated 51 songs. OMG, that’s like major achievement for me in this area. The previous year, I only did 12, but that was because I didn’t really take it as a challenge. I think this number will drop the upcoming year since I won’t be forcing myself to update every day.
- 183 Club
- Deric Wan
- Freya Lim
- Hu Xia
- Jacky Chu
- Jacky Zheng
- Phil Chang
- Be Yourself by Genie Chuo
- Not Complete Without You by Fu Qiong Ying
- Fate Arrives by Zhang Wei
- It Doesn’t Matter Who I Love by Eric Suen
- Who Do You Want Me To Be? by Dicky Cheung
- I Really Am Not Perfect by He Hui Hui
- I Don’t Regret by Jimmy Lin
- The Rainy Season Has Started by Achel Chang
- Things Those Girls Taught Me by Victor Wong
- Let’s Not Fall In Love Again by Nicholas Teo
- It’s All Right To Forget Me by Cyndi Wang
- Really by Angela Chang
- Yesterday by Chris Wang
- Embrace by Yu Hao Ming
- Can’t Cry by Yao Ting
- Should I Quietly Walk Away? by Aaron Kwok
- The Heart’s Regret by Yuki Hsu
- Moonlight by Yang Pei An
- Primrose by Sweety
- Missing You by Van Fan
- Heart of the Sword by Zhang Jie
- Love You From the Bottom of My Heart by Dong Xuan
- Reparation by Edith Chung
- Mai Yeu Nguoi Thoi by Lam Nhat Tien
- Anh Khong Muon Ra Di by Nguyen Phi Hung
- Dung Hoi Vi Sao by Philip Huy
- Thoi Ta Chia Tay by Huy Vu
- Luoi Tinh by Minh Tuyet
Side Updates: 130 posts – My randomness seriously has gone way past normal. I didn’t count some of the side stuffs. But The New World and iHero obviously dominated the scene for the beginning of the year.
For this year, I hope to bring out more quality posts, like I said earlier. I also hope to finish up the placeholder posts that I haven’t previously. Wish me luck and see you all next year!
I’m going to start updating progress here as well when I post up a chapter or two from now on. It will be for all stories, not just this one. So go here for Chapter 7 if you’re following the story.