1. One Road To Achieve (一路發威) by Super Seed (Super Seed樂團). Indeed a very powerful song and suitable for the main theme of the drama. Very engaging and lively. It’s also very inspiring for those with dreams, encouraging them to keep fighting till reaching the ultimate. There will be lots of hurdles but perseverance will prevail over all difficulties. Awesome song overall.
2. Who Am I? (我是誰) by Van Fan (范逸臣). A soft yet powerful song. Just right for the ending theme. Sad but not too pitiful.
3. Just Enough Happiness (剛好的幸福) by Nicholas Teo (張棟樑). Soft, sad ballad. Suitable for Nic and the story involved.
4. FIGHTING by Super131. I swear I couldn’t get into Super 131 no matter how hard I try. It’s not them, maybe it’s just me.
5. My Love (我的愛) by Van Fan and Evonne Hsu (范逸臣、許慧欣). A nice duet between the two of them. Their voices blend so well with one another and the music and lyrics flowed along nicely.
6. Rock for love by Van Fan, Evonne Hsu, Gabe Lan, and Ma Nian Xian (范逸臣、許慧欣、藍鈞天、馬念先). The opening song of the drama. It was where the four of them were still together as a band. It was a new beginning of them yet also marked the end of their friendships. At least for some of them. While YesAsia’s version had followed the TV version with listing both Gabe and Ma Nian Xian, but the album credited only it to Van and Evonne. It made sense since only their voices were heard in here. Another nice duet, totally gangster feeling, lol.
7. Too Serious (太認真) by Evonne Hsu (許慧欣). A very nice ballad by Evonne. Her voice is indeed quite clear and unique. The way she sang it and how the music flowed, it created a very mystical feeling.
8. Change Face (變臉) by Dou Hua Mei (豆花妹). Upbeat and lively. It gets really addicting after a while.
9. Long Road (長路) by Angel Chen (陳思函). A nice song, but not really my favorite. It’s just me, not the song itself.
10. The Light of the Firefly (螢火) by Super Seed (Super Seed樂團). Another upbeat song from Super Seed to finish up the album. Another lively and powerful song.
Almost all the songs in here were written and composed by Ian Chen. The man’s seriously a genius, providing a different feeling toward each song. Regarding this album, I swear it’s too short. Maybe it was because I greedily wanted them to place all the songs they performed into the album, like packaging it as a 2-discs set or something. Even if I have to pay $40+, I wouldn’t mind. ‘Cause I seriously loved their cover of different songs and how the musicians had rehashed and remixed the songs, making it different and refreshing. At least I really, really enjoyed all the performances by the main cast.
*All images were scanned by DTLCT
2 thoughts on “Just Singing And Dancing OST”